Welcome to Townhill Infant School!
My name is Beverly Corbin and I am the headteacher of our fantastic school. Our school is a happy, fun place to be where children enjoy coming to learn. The ethos of our school is to inspire success in all our pupils, to develop their personal skills and give them a curriculum which is stimulating and engaging.
The children are at the heart of what we do and all the staff work hard to ensure that the children at our school receive a high quality education and achieve the best they can.
Our school day starts at 9 a.m. and finishes at 3 p.m. Monday - Friday.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting!
Beverly Corbin- Headteacher
Vision and Values
TO INSPIRE SUCCESS
“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.”
Clay P. Bedford
We provide a safe, caring, nurturing and stimulating environment for all pupils. Through this we will be supporting and challenging them to achieve their full potential through equal access to an appropriate, exciting, and interesting curriculum which is adapted to meet every child’s need. This will equip them with the enthusiasm, skills, and knowledge to be lifelong learners. Children will have success today and be prepared for tomorrow.
To inspire every child to be a happy, confident, enthusiastic, and curious learner and provide them with a curriculum with topics which allow them to learn and discover the world around them. We believe these will provide all our children with every possibility of a bright future. Our school is a place where every child is valued, every day by everyone.
This vision demonstrates our commitment to ensuring that every child is enabled, every day to achieve their best; to grow and develop both academically, socially, and emotionally to access the wonderful opportunities and possibilities in their next stage of education, higher education and adult life.
We want our children to leave us as confident individuals, ready for the next stage of their education, inspired by the opportunities that their adult life will bring. This is why our curriculum is designed to create opportunities that remove barriers, and open children’s eyes to the possibilities beyond their primary education that are within our local community and beyond.
In our school community everyone will;
- Feel safe, secure, and cared for.
- Be happy and kind.
- Always be valued as individuals.
- Be respectful of others, their cultures, and beliefs.
- Be polite and use good manners.
- Speak to others in a considerate, courteous, and thoughtful way.
- Be in an inclusive school which welcomes and values all children.
Our learning environments will be;
- Exciting and engaging.
- Motivating and purposeful.
- Creative and imaginative.
- Promoting and developing independence.
- Stimulating and enrich the children’s learning.
- Celebrate the diversity and cultures in our school, community, and the wider world.
To achieve all children and staff’s true potential we will;
- Use positive praise to encourage and motivate.
- Value all individuals’ achievements and successes.
- Develop self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-respect.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle focussing on emotional, mental, and physical wellbeing.
- Identify, develop, and celebrate children’s unique talents and interests.
- Be proud of ourselves and of our school.
Our school curriculum will;
- Offer challenge and nurture enquiring minds.
- Inspire children to develop a love of learning.
- Be accessible to all through appropriate adaptive teaching.
- Develop children’s skills and knowledge through an engaging and interesting curriculum.
- Expand children’s horizons about the world around them.
- Inspire children to think about learning and aspirations beyond our school.
- Create independent, successful learners who are proud of their work and achievements.
To achieve effective and embedded learning we will;
- Provide every child with quality first teaching which enables them to learn, know and remember more.
- Ensure children have opportunities to practice and develop their skills and knowledge throughout the curriculum so that they can consolidate their learning.
- Foster positive attitudes for learning; resilience, focussed, confident, resourceful, and independent.
- Encourage the children to reflect positively on their own and others learning.
- Recognise and reward all achievements both in and out of school.
- Together, be excited and enthusiastic about learning.
“Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
Anthony J. D’Angelo
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”